National Trust Tours (NTT), a leader in affinity travel for 50 years, provides unique experiences that foster appreciation for historic places and the efforts to preserve them. NTT is seeking an intern interested in enhancing their experience in disciplines that include affinity travel marketing and design and/or database management and reporting.
National Trust internships are temporary experiential learning opportunities with no expectation of employment at the conclusion of the internship.
For this internship, the National Trust is offering a stipend of $2000 to help offset expenses. The period of the internship would be from approximately June 7, 2021, to July 30, 2021, for approximately 20 hours per week. Flexibility of schedule is available.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most National Trust staff and interns will continue to work remotely for the foreseeable future (currently projected through August 2021). Internships for 2021 will be performed remotely.
- Research and create social media marketing plan for Tours demographic
- Create and/or research timely, informative and non-sales focused content for bi-weekly email and social media campaigns
- Research and make suggestions on website enhancements
- Proofread and edit tour brochures
- Create HTML email template for cohesive messaging
- Work with American Institute of Architects (AIA) on designation of learning units on NTT tours and subsequent promotion of tours to AIA members
Database Management & Reporting
- Brainstorm with Tours team and database designers on developing and/or implementing tours and traveler reports
- Input tours data to assist with financial reporting and traveler management
EDUCATIONAL VALUE TO THE INTERN
The intern will gain experience under the mentorship of experienced hospitality/travel industry and marketing professionals at one of the largest, profit-based affinity travel programs in the nation. The intern will also have the opportunity to participate in educational programming offered via the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s organization-wide internship program. Students may also be eligible for college or graduate school academic credit at the discretion of their institution.
Specifically, the intern will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Affinity travel programs
- Marketing campaign strategies
- Content creation geared towards Baby Boomers
- Persuasive and narrative writing
At the end of the project the intern will have produced (see above under “Duties”).
- 20 hours per week; majority of hours to be from 9am-5pm. Flexibility with hours may be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Editing skills preferred.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Basic project-organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve results with supervision, including ability to interact professionally with key internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Strong organizational skills required, with ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently, and meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment. Able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Proficiency with HTML design a plus. Familiarity with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment, while maintaining productivity and communication to meet deadlines and goals, is required.
- Bachelor’s level studies required; current or rising juniors, seniors or graduate students preferred. Studies or demonstrated interest in business and marketing preferred.