REPORTS TO: Investment Leader – Credit Portfolios
Drive coordinated effort across multiple groups within Nationwide Investments to research and analyze non-U.S. developed and developing economies and markets with the goal of creating and maintaining an integrated international investment strategy.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with key groups within Investments, including Enterprise Portfolio Management, Corporate Credit, Alternatives, Economics, and Risk Management, to monitor and evaluate international macroeconomic, financial market, geopolitical, and company specific activities and events;
- Partner with these key groups to develop and communicate market views, outlooks, and proposed investment strategies for major non-U.S. developed and developing countries and regions;
- Manage the international country review and approval process, including fundamental country analyses, write-ups, and internal ratings assignment;
- Help lead effort to research, analyze, and report out on one-off global topics and themes;
- Participate in and contribute to key internal investment discussion, review, and strategy forums;
- Drive international research and strategy process improvements;
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or CFA preferred.
Professional Experience: Ten or more years of related work experience in international financial markets, including significant experience in some combination of sovereign, emerging market, and non-U.S. corporate credit/equity analysis and investing. Primary asset class expertise should be either fixed income or equity. Previous experience or strong familiarity with an insurance company investment environment is optimal.
Job Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of international markets, macroeconomics, and non-U.S. country and company fundamental analysis;
- Exceptional analytical and research skills;
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities;
- Ability to successfully coordinate and work across multiple groups;
- Proficient in all major software packages;
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Personal Attributes and Behaviors:
- Intelligent, critical thinker willing to express opinions and views;
- Excellent judgment with strong problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Handles pressure well, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Highly collaborative and team oriented;
- Positive, hardworking, pro-active, and professional;
- Organized, detail and process oriented, and capable of working independently.
- International travel will be required.