Job Title: Intern
Location: Katy, TX, US
Division Name: Newpark Drilling Fluids
WHY JOIN NEWPARK?
One of Newpark’s Core Values is Excellence. It means we are committed to delivering value through performance, innovation and service quality and that commitment starts with YOU! Newpark is a place where you can challenge yourself in new and exciting ways and work in an environment that supports and values you. Here at Newpark we are committed to finding, developing, retaining, and rewarding the very best and providing an environment where our employees can grow both professionally and personally.
WHO WE ARE
Newpark was founded in 1932 as a mining company in Park City, Utah and is now headquartered in The Woodlands, TX. We have grown into a global technology leader in not only the oil and gas market but many others as well. We are focused in 3 areas that include Fluids Systems, Mats & Integrated Services, and Industrial Minerals. We have a footprint in over 20 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific and we employ over2,000 employees.
WHAT WE DO
Newpark is changing the paradigm in the industries we serve, developing new ways to help customers drive operating efficiencies while working in harmony with the environment and improving community relations.
Newpark Fluids Systems provides value-added fluids solutions, products, and services to thousands of wells around the world.
Excalibar Minerals is a quality processor and supplier of industrial minerals. Our main advantage over competitors is our ability to offer direct import capabilities to key geographic regions we work in.
Newpark Mats & Integrated Services provides leading edge matting solutions and worksite construction services to diverse industry segments around the globe.
WHAT WE VALUE
We maintain an unwavering commitment to act in accordance with our Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Accountability which ensure our customers receive the best products and services we can offer and that you experience a safe workplace where you can thrive:
Safety – Protecting each other like family while sustaining the environment in which we work. .
Integrity – Acting honestly, ethically, and responsibly in all aspects of our business.
Respect – Dealing fairly and openly with employees, customers, suppliers and community.
Excellence – Delivering value through performance, innovation and service quality.
Accountability – Using good judgment and taking responsibility for our actions.
- Support the Sourcing Team to develop Sourcing strategies, with each key stakeholder
- Benchmark product costs against global market for competitive advantage
- Develop, manage and maintain commodity indices, to derive good-faith trends and forecasts
- Develop commodity & market profiles, including should-cost models for top products
- Support commercial tender activities, including cost aggregation and cost trend analysis
- Support the Sourcing Process life-cycle, including opportunity, supplier assessment, selection & on-boarding, including supplier management & development
- Compile spend analytics and supplier profiles, to support all sourcing events
- Administer RFI and RFP activities for sourcing events
- Maintain critical sourcing documentation, including supplier & item master records, blanket purchase agreements & costs, and supplier business review & audits
- Participate in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Performs additional duties as required by the Fleet Manager, and Global Sourcing Director
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Postgraduate program
Our Interns will learn and work with Subject Matter Exerts in their appropriate fields and be part of a dynamic team all working towards a common strategic goals. Interns will be paired with a mentor in the proper field who will be assigning a specific project that Newpark is currently working on or a future project that is on the horizon. Past interns have worked on projects ranging from:
- New Market Entry Analysis
- Developing a sales team APP for customer bids and pricing
- Developing Business Calculator-job bidding
- Operational Locations- Cost cutting project
- Right sizing our fleet and physical inventory –LEAN Project
How To Apply
Register to create an account then search for the vacancy. Click Apply to complete your application online.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Newpark and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military service/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here.
Newpark Resources, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Manager, HR Governance & Compliance at HRcompliance@newpark.com.