Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Level 2 Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Change Management Team. Learn more about the GBSD program here
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position requires a motivated self-starter with knowledge in the fabrication, assembly, system integration, and testing of aerospace and/or missile hardware. The candidate will be involved in assisting other NG sectors and suppliers with developing a Manufacturing Plan and executing the startup of a new program. The candidate will need to demonstrate good organizational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of internal and external Customers.
Primary responsibilities will include providing technical and administrative leadership and guidance to the program Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Suppliers for the successful preparation and execution of program start up activities. This will include establishing a program project plan and schedule that is aligned with the IPT Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to resolve technical questions and ensure compliance and execution to the Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) Deskbook, and Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Statement of Work (SOW) requirements. In addition, responsibilities will include providing technical input to the Manufacturing Plan.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree or 0 years of experience with a MS or MBA degree.
• Active DoD security clearance
• Experience with formulating and executing technical solutions to part, assembly and tooling challenges.
• Experience using SAP, Windows software packages and other electronic databases.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Experience working in a Model Based Manufacturing digital environment.
• Experience in developing and maintaining a coating application process for an aerospace or military aviation program.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Project Management experience.
• Previous experience on high rate production military program.
• Experience with Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM).
• Experience with Siemens NX tools and Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
• Knowledge of AS6500 requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering