The Northwestern Mutual Internship Program gives students the opportunity to build a competitive resume and gain marketable business ownership experience. Interns have the same opportunities to build their own business as full-time representatives. Northwestern Mutual implements extensive training programs and mentoring opportunities for interns to enhance communication skills, sales, leadership, and financial knowledge.
Like Financial Representatives, Interns strive to understand their clients’ goals and visions in order to uncover financial solutions that put our prospective clients on the path to financial success. Financial Representative Interns have the luxury of starting their own business with unlimited earning potential.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, want real-world business experience and are looking to make a difference, then an internship with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network is right for you. Our internship has been highly rated due to its mentorship and career advancement opportunities, intern involvement, resume enhancement and unique appeal. But that’s just the beginning, other benefits include:
• Practical guidance in your career selection process
• The chance to develop networking and business relationship skills with the help of a mentor
• Flexible work schedule
• State license for life and health
• Compensation in the same manner as a full-time Financial Representative
Accolades, Ratings and Assessments:
• For 25 consecutive years, the Northwestern Mutual’s Financial Representative Internship program has been ranked among America’s “Top 25 Internships” by the Internship Informants in the 2021 Vault Guide to Top Internships.
• Northwestern Mutual has a persistency rating of 96% for life insurance in-force, a key indicator of customer satisfaction.
• We have paid more in total individual life insurance dividends to policy-owners than any other company in the industry for the last 14 years.