Human Trafficking Search(HTS) is the flagship project of the O.L. Pathy Family Foundation. HTS conducts and publishes research and a blog, and maintains a global database of human trafficking resources, government reports, literature, multimedia sources, and other documents to assist students, researchers, and stakeholders in the anti-trafficking movement. We are seeking a highly motivated intern to provide support to HTS with a focus on researching and writing about human trafficking topics. This position is remote and reports to the program director.
· Working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree, or recent graduate
· Strong awareness of human trafficking and modern slavery. Knowledge of the foster care system and/or prison labor preferred
· Interest in social justice and human rights
· Strong research, writing and editing skills
· Familiarity with WordPress desired
· Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
· Fluency in English required, additional language skills are a plus
· Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Job duties include:
· Conduct research on human trafficking, including the intersection with foster care and prison labor
· Write and edit blog posts, fact sheets, memos, and other documents
· Curate resources for the database
· Develop content for social media accounts
· Other duties as required
Time Requirements: 15-20 hours/week for 10 weeks with the possibility of extension based on work load and performance.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Research Intern in the subject line.