Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of essential chemicals used for a variety of indispensable products, including chemicals used for water treatment, various cleaners and sanitizers, pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, construction materials, and next-generation climate-friendly refrigerants. Based in Dallas, Texas, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Canada and Chile, OxyChem is among the top three producers in the United States for the principal chlor-alkali, chlorinated organic, PVC and other products it manufacturers and markets.
Essential Job Duties:
This is an entry-level position that has a challenging set of tasks and responsibilities including…
- Supporting plant controllers and performing multiple functions of cost accounting
- Inventory accounting and reconciliations including LIFO/FIFO calculations and analysis
- Physical inventory trips to plants/warehouses/terminals and subsequent analysis/reconciliation of the product count
- Performing sales & cost of sales analysis
- Analysis of monthly balance sheet and P&L account activity as well as cash flow analysis including preparation of working capital and other sources and uses
- General Ledger Accounting including payroll, fringe benefits, insurance, PP&E, cash and receivables
- Providing assistance with SAP and financial reporting systems to streamline accounting functions and provide financial information for analytical purposes
- Provide General Accounting support and Financial close responsibility for business segments including preparation and consolidation of Financial Statements for these businesses
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Relocation Assistance and/or fully-furnished Corporate Housing provided, if applicable
- 9/80 Work Schedule. Enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- Pregnancy/Bonding Leave and Family Care Leave
Location: Dallas, TX
- Must apply to Oxy’s job application at www.oxy.com/careers in order to be considered
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (min 12 hours of accounting credit)
- Must have a graduation date of Dec 2020 – May 2021
- Must maintain minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Desire to pursue a career as an Accountant in the chemicals industry
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.