Oxy is an international energy company with assets in the United States, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Oxy strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
University students working toward a Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Cyber Security degree are encouraged to apply to Oxy’s University Relations Program. As a technology student you have the opportunity to work in our Oil & Gas or Chemical business and will be able to learn a specific discipline within the respected business.
Oxy’s Summer Intern Program runs from May to August for a full 12 weeks. As an Oxy intern, you will have the opportunity to experience real-life projects with hands-on participation in Oxy’s core businesses. Your summer project will be designed to add value to our operations while providing an opportunity to observe your skills and competencies in action. Oxy interns are paired with a manager and mentor in order to provide technical guidance throughout the project timeline. In addition to attending training and development courses, lunch and learns, field trips, and social activities, interns will be given the chance to meet with Oxy executives and leadership throughout the internship. Click here for more information about the intern program.
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Relocation Assistance and/or fully-furnished Corporate Housing provided, if applicable
- 9/80 Work Schedule. Enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- Houston, TX; Dallas, TX
- Must apply to Oxy’s job application at www.oxy.com/careers in order to be considered
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Cyber Security
- Graduation date between May 2022 – May 2024
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Desire to pursue a career as an IT Professional in Oil and Gas Industry
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.