Position: Account Trainee
Division: Events & Hospitality
Reports to: Event Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX
If Interested, Contact: Laura Gabriel firstname.lastname@example.org
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This position is part of the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program. The principal responsibility of the Account Trainee is to provide coordination and support for the event staff on day-to-day operations of preparing for the regional gulf client’s schedule of events including working with professional sports teams and at collegiate venues, with an emphasis on college football. This position will also provide operational support for other account projects, as needed. Potential responsibilities include market/on-site activation, event planning logistics, customer service, event analysis, data entry, managing administrative documents and competitive research. The Account Trainee must be able to prioritize assigned tasks, work under pressure and succeed in a deadline-oriented environment.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will interface with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn on-site logistics and event activation, to be able to successfully engage with consumers and fans and receive training and development in brand engagement and awareness, customer service etc. Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position. Extensive road travel on weekends, evenings and some holiday work is also required.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
· You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· 0-1+ years’ work or internship experience in events or customer-service oriented role
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
· Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
· A “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” attitude and work ethic
· Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to take initiative (self-starter)
· Capacity to become knowledgeable about our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, maintain deadlines and juggle demands
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and comfortable driving for extended periods
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
Work with supervisor and determine on-site execution procedures including a checklist of site plans, supplies, communications, premiums, etc.
Manage and execute on-site activities including set-up, registration, engaging the participants/staffing, premium distribution and event breakdown for 20+ events
Serve as a marketing ambassador and effectively and enthusiastically communicate brand initiatives and/or product offerings to consumers
Troubleshoot on-site challenges
Conduct advance site visits to ensure locations are prepared prior to the event
Prepare assets for display at activations
Create event briefs & event summaries including key leanings, strengths, weaknesses, and recommendations to present to the client at our weekly meeting
Day to day contact with the client to ensure all needs are being met
Extensive road travel to prominent Division 1 programs within in the Gulf States Region ( TX, AR, MS, LA and OK)
Vehicle fleet and logistics management
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply