Employer: OCuSOFT, INC.
Reports to: VP of Finance and Director of Accounting
Semester: Fall 2021
We are looking for a driven Accounting/Finance Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for real-world application of learned skills and concepts. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting/Finance Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, hands-on experience with an industry leading ERP system, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles. You should also be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Assisting with preparation of financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with ERP software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Qualifications:
- Must be a actively working towards a Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Aptitude for mathematic principles.
- Proficiency with technology and associated MS Office software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.