Human Resources Intern
Employer: OCuSOFT, INC.
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior HR Generalist
SUMMARY: Provides administrative and human resources support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supports administration, coordination, and application of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
· Responds to employee’s benefit questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, assists employees with paperwork related to filing medical claims, and processes enrollment forms and change requests.
· Coordinates paperwork related to benefits, retirement plans, COBRA continuation, workers’ compensation, and unemployment.
· Maintains employee files and database.
· Processes and submits payroll information; troubleshoots payroll issues; distributes paychecks.
· Schedules interviews and applicant testing.
· Coordinates travel arrangements for recruiters as needed.
· Schedules and coordinates new employee orientations.
· Assists with communication of benefit programs changes and updates.
· Posts required labor law information.
· Screens and routes telephone calls.
· Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
· Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
· Assists with scheduling and managing temporary workers as needed.
· Maintains and orders supplies for the human resources department as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or studying toward a degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
Proven experience working in an office environment.
Working knowledge of U.S. labor laws.
Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is advantageous.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
The ability to work as part of a team.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
Effective communication skills.
Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.