Organization Mission: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our Scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
Position and Summary Reporting: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Admissions and Placement, the Admissions Intern must demonstrate a drive to learn about the goals and process of Oliver Scholars. Have an interest in building a knowledge base around community outreach and access. Have comfort and interest in database maintenance. Be able to work independently on long-term projects and collaborate on work that requires a quicker turnaround.
▪ Assist in Outreach to prospective schools and community-based partners for the 2021-2022 admissions season
▪ Help plan and execute Admission Informational Sessions
▪ Creating social media campaigns to boost our program visibility
▪ Administrative Data Entry
▪ Help plan 2021-2022 Interview and Testing Calendar
▪ Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program
▪ Minimum 3.0 GPA
▪ PT 15-20 hours per week
▪ Takes initiative: Act on one’s own initiative; making the most of opportunities; undertaking tasks, even if it entails risk
▪ Analytical: Understands complex information; making connections; drawing conclusions
▪ Creative: Coming up with new ideas, approaches or solutions
▪ Flexible: Manages to adapt if circumstances change
▪ Written communication: Is capable of communicating well in writing, even with people who communicate differently
▪ Monitors outcomes: Regularly checks whether work is on schedule
▪ Verbal communication: Understands others and being understood in verbal communication
▪ Teamwork: Work well with others and thrive in a team environment
▪ Integrity: Submits finished work-product that meets your own high standards
▪ Commitment to excellence: Strives to do deliver your best work-product
▪ Collaborative learner: Enjoys working with others to learn on the job
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note, “(Admissions Intern)” – [your last name]” in the subject line of your email. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and are vital to our success. Oliver Scholars is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, or current employment status. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.