Organization Mission: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our Scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
Position and Summary Reporting: Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions and Placement, the Placement Undergrad Intern must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators, and staff. A flexible work schedule that will include days, evenings, and some weekends is required.
▪ Conduct research into independent schools to create new relationships with the organization.
▪ Assist in the development of scholars through tracking the progress of their examinations and test preparation.
▪ Assist the placement team in creating scholar recommendations
▪ Create a look book that highlights each scholar entering the placement process.
▪ Analyzing data to find patterns within our new testing program
▪ Attend placement webinars and answer general questions from families
▪ Assisting during Interview Week, Mock Interviews, and Application Review
▪ Data Entry into the new database system
▪ Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
▪ Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
▪ Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program
▪ Minimum 3.0 GPA
▪ Proficiency in oral and written Spanish
▪ PT 15-20 hours per week (flexible to comply with credit requirements)
▪ Must be available for in-person office hours depending on the occasion
▪ Takes initiative: Act on one’s own initiative; making the most of opportunities; undertaking tasks, even if it entails risk
▪ Analytical: Understands complex information; making connections; drawing conclusions
▪ Creative: Coming up with new ideas, approaches, or solutions
▪ Flexible: Manages to adapt if circumstances change
▪ Written communication: Is capable of communicating well in writing, even with people who communicate differently
▪ Monitors outcomes: Regularly checks whether work is on schedule
▪ Verbal communication: Understands others and being understood in verbal communication
▪ Teamwork: Work well with others and thrive in a team environment
▪ Integrity: Submits finished work-product that meets your own high standards
▪ Commitment to excellence: Strives to do deliver your best work-product
▪ Collaborative learner: Enjoys working with others to learn on the job
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, “(Placement Intern)” – [your last name]” in the subject line of your email. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and are vital to our success. Oliver Scholars is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, or current employment status. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.