The Parent/Professional Advocacy League (PPAL) is a statewide non-profit advocacy organization committed to ensuring mental health-care for all children who need it. The organization provides information, support and assistance to parents of children with mental health needs, their professional partners and their communities. PPAL relies on communication to connect to families and providers as well as promote its activities and has become more essential over the past year.
The communications intern would serve as the lead for developing materials for Children’s Mental Health Week, May 2-8, 2021. This includes helping design a poster, creating calendars of events and facts, anti-stigma materials, posting on various social media sites and writing and disseminating weekly newsletters as we count down to May. A previous toolkit for CMH Week 2020 can be viewed here.
PPAL turns 30 this year and we need help designing a plan to mark this anniversary. This might include short videos and developing materials. Other activities include social media posting and participating in organizational meetings and activities.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
· Ability to work independently and part of a team
· Flexibility, reliability, sense of humor a plus
· Must have interest in children’s mental health issues
· Social media savvy, particularly with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
· Ability to create and post social media in Canva and Hootsuite a plus
· Basic knowledge of video editing a plus
· Good organizational skills, attention to detail
· Work with PPAL social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
· Working with project coordinator, assess current social media and marketing efforts
· Develop materials/toolkit for Children’s Mental Health Week 2021
· Attend weekly meetings
· Begin a style guide, if time permits
Internship level: Undergraduate and graduate students encouraged to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include relevant classes and/or experience in communications and marketing.