Reports to: Manager, Volunteer Engagement
Position Status: Paid Internship, Temporary
Position Timeline: September 2021 – May 2022, 24 hrs. per week
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a self-motivated professional for the position of Volunteer Engagement Intern. This person will support the execution of the Foundation’s volunteer strategy and further the development of the Parkinson’s Foundation Volunteer Network through digital communications and virtual events, including the annual Volunteer Leadership Summit. This position is based remotely.
- Manage volunteer committee to create semi-annual volunteer newsletter
- Assist with the planning and execution of quarterly volunteer leadership webinars
- Assist with the planning and execution of monthly volunteer orientation webinars
- Support creation of on demand volunteer training webinars
- Document participant data for virtual volunteer events and record in central database
- Collect volunteer feedback on virtual programming and communications
- Support team with planning and implementing volunteer programming guides
- Assist with internal and external organizational research
- Assist with logistics and provide administrative support
- Support staff in managing Volunteer Network Chairs
- Assist in planning and scheduling Volunteer Network Chair meetings
- Respond to phone and email inquiries regarding the position
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma and six months experience in volunteer administration (volunteer positions considered)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-starter who takes initiative and comfortable working remotely
- Professional and tactful; Capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proactive and intuitive people skills
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically volunteer management and education
- Access to computer, phone, and internet required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Volunteer Engagement Internship” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.