Position: Sales Intern
Reports to: Head of Sales
Location: Remote, on-site (Chapel Hill, NC), or combination
Participate is a fast-growing social learning start-up based in Chapel Hill, NC. We help organizations build custom online communities for engaging and collaborative professional learning. At Participate, we believe that investing in educators means investing in safer, healthier and more equitable communities and societies. We come to work each day because we want to build more sustainable (and fun) ways to learn, and we put our core values into everything we do and every decision we make: create bold and meaningful solutions, work together for the greater good, grow from successes and failures and be kind.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Sales Intern to join our growing sales team. You’ll assist in a variety of key inside sales activities to support the team to develop and close new business opportunities. Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct desktop research and/or gather information through surveys or by speaking to clients and staff.
- Identify new leads through creative prospecting tactics.
- Support email outreach by drafting compelling campaigns to explain our programs and services.
- Schedule sales calls and demos for qualified leads.
- Update and maintain Sales records.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Other projects, as needed.
You are a self-starter who values and is excited by continuous professional learning. You don’t wait for someone to teach you something new, you independently search for the knowledge and connections that will get you where you want to be.
You are a kind, dedicated team player. You genuinely enjoy being part of a collaborative team and helping team members and potential customers find creative solutions to their challenges.
You realize that sales is about building authentic long-term relationships. You know that program directors and company executives are flooded with cold emails so you are interested in ways to stand out from the crowd. You are open to feedback within your team to improve processes and approaches to sales conversations.
You are creative and tech savvy. You’re comfortable with relying on sales technology and recommendations when following up with prospects.
You value quality over quantity. You have a keen attention to detail.
- Related study or experience in marketing, business or related coursework preferred.
- Up to 1 year sales intern experience or similar inside sales and/or lead generation telesales preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and efficient, with the ability to prioritize and follow direction.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, marketing automation software, CRM and/or CMS)
We value your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role.
Our values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Participate is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our employees and our organization thrive when we do this right. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, customers and users. We do this through building products that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status and national origin.
A foundational part of our work is to bring people together in community and conversation around things that matter so we can learn with and from each other. We continue to educate ourselves about our shared history so that we can better understand the systemic inequities we continue to face today and take action to create a more equitable workplace, organization and world.