Looking for social media savvy, organized Communications Intern for Partners for Youth Empowerment (PYE) — a person full of creative zeal and a passion for youth empowerment and social change. If this sounds like you, please read on!
About Partners for Youth Empowerment
Partners for Youth Empowerment is a Seattle area global non-profit dedicated to unleashing the creative potential of young people. We do this by training teachers and youth workers to lead transformative programs that develop equity, creativity, emotional intelligence, and community engagement. We are a lean organization that achieves a large impact. In 2019, together with our international partners, we trained over 6000 practitioners in 20 countries and reached over 1 million young people with programs that build creativity, confidence, and leadership.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will play an essential role by helping increase PYEs social media visibility. People familiar with PYE often refer to it as “the best kept secret.” We want you to help change that!
We are looking for someone who is social media savvy who can engage with and grow our online presence. We expect this role to be a 1.5-2 hour per day position (M-F)
Activities will include:
- Working with our Operations / Program Manager to ensure all of our public trainings are promoted on social media, or in other creative ways through other mediums
- Identifying and connecting with our international network of partners and facilitators on social media, and share their content on our website
- Resharing articles and research from relevant thought leadership organizations – ideally also relating how material relates back to the work of PYE
- Responding consistently and appropriately to comments make on PYE social media channels
- Engage in our Community Forum as needed
Success measures will include:
- Increasing engagement in PYEs various social media channels and community forum
- Ensuring that participant capacity is reached for all of our public trainings. This may involve experimenting with different marketing and outreach strategies.
- Increase enrollment of our monthly Creative Catalyst Workshop Series free training opportunity to 500 participants (currently ~100-150)
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Journalism or Communications degree (either completed or in-progress) desired
- Basic graphic design skills
- Ability to understand and implement PYEs brand guidelines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to work independently with a fully remote working team
- Self-starter, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, creative, innovative thinker, and doer
- Knowledge of the youth sector and passion for youth empowerment a plus
- Working knowledge of different social media channels
- Experience with Mailchimp a plus
We are committed to creating a diverse team and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.