Summary of Position
The Summer Intern in Land Acquisition will participate in the land acquisition process. This position is also responsible for collecting and analyzing housing and other market data and preparing reports on existing and potential markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform area/subdivision market research for existing and new market areas as requested.
- Obtain relevant data from competing subdivisions concerning things such as competition’s lot cost, size and quality, square footage and price range, product specifications, top selling plans, plan designs and qualities, and amenities offered.
- Obtain other relevant data about area such as demographics, major employers, school district and school locations, tax rate, amenities, building volume and activity, and resale listings and activity.
- Prepare a detailed report on the findings to include such things as summary and conclusions, maps, photos, price comparison graphs, school comparison graph, amenities comparison, and specifications comparisons and competitor information.
- Develop spreadsheets and other tools to provide reports and analysis of various market information.
- Attend board meetings as needed.
- Integrity/Ethical Conduct
- Honesty & Respect
- Communication/Building Relationships
- Organizational Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; current enrollment in University required. Completion of Sophomore or Junior year in Real Estate or related degree required.
- Computer skills required: Advanced Excel; Advanced PowerPoint.