Breakthrough Fellowship Program – Business Assessment Analyst Internship
This program is designed to enhance our pipeline of diverse talent of leaders. The Breakthrough Fellowship Program, first-of-its-kind, works to advance students and early career colleagues of Black/African American, Latino/Hispanic and Native American descent with a goal of developing 100 fellows by 2025. One of Pfizer’s Bold Moves is to create a workplace for all, and we are committed to increasing diversity by fostering a more inclusive workplace. Every Pfizer ‘Breakthrough’ program is designed to cultivate a pipeline of diverse talent. Everything we do is driven by our purpose.
Applicants for the Breakthrough Fellowship Program 10-week internship and intend to pursue their Master of Business Administration degree (MBA), or Master of Public Health (MPH) degree consistent with the time requirements of the program.
The Business Assessment Analyst summer intern would join the Strategic Forecasting team within Business Assessment to support several critical responsibilities such as preparation for Pfizer investor events and the annual operating plan process.
• Lead the conversation: Support preparation for Pfizer investor events. These events represent an opportunity for Pfizer to highlight outside of Pfizer the value of our science and the medicines we’re developing for patients. Intern would research and summarize brokerage reports and analyst coverage, identify potential questions analysts could ask senior Pfizer leadership, and compare internal vs external view of revenue forecasts.
• Deliver 1st in class science: Understanding the revenue potential for a pipeline program is critical to making investment decisions. Intern would partner with Strategic Forecasting to develop revenue forecasting guidance or comparable analogs based on historical data trends.
• Unleash the power of our people: Contribute to a centralized library of resources for training, career, or personal development for the Business Assessment team. An intern new to Pfizer would be helpful identifying effective resources, materials, or tools that could enable our best work.
• Active enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate program and have completed 3 years.
• The successful candidate should be a good communicator
• comfortable with PowerPoint/Word/Excel/Outlook
• have a basic understanding of financial accounting.
• An interest in clinical development and/or financial valuation is a plus
Applicants must be immediately authorized to work in the U.S. Work visa sponsorship not available for this opportunity. Pfizer is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer .
Location – New York City, NY (Virtual for summer 2021 internship)
Job posting close – April 27, 2021
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.