OVERALL INTERNSHIP PURPOSE
PHASE ONE’s Digital Marketing Internship provides the opportunity to get hands-on in
the cause for innovative cancer research. This role will join a small but
dynamic team, in a creative and collaborative environment, and gain experience
in the nonprofit industry. The intern will improve PHASE ONE’s social media
outreach, coordinate with our digital marketing consultants, and assist with
all donor and event communications. The intern may have the opportunity to
participate in board and committee meetings. The majority of this role will be virtual
but may include some in-person meetings.
SCHEDULE + COMPENSATION
Start Date: October 2021 – January 2022
- Maximum of 20 hours per week. Exact start dates and weekly schedule to be decided with approval from the Executive Director.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Reports To: Executive Director
1) MARKETING + SOCIAL MEDIA
- Help create content for e-blasts, including writing articles.
- Interview PHASE ONE Grantees.
- Cultivate and find content for social media posts.
- Assist with regular posting on social media and creating and posting stories for Instagram and Facebook.
- Assist with monitoring and replying to messages on all social media platforms.
- Work with PHASE ONE staff to implement good SEO strategies for the website.
2) DONOR + EVENT COMMUNICATIONS
- Develop new ways to engage with donors and promote fundraising events.
- Help with creation and execution of thank you letter mailings post event, as well as our annual Thanksgiving mailer.