PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
PIDC’s Financial Reporting and Accounting group is responsible for PIDC’s general ledger, accounting, financial reporting, investor compliance, loan portfolio analysis & reporting, accounting operations, treasury, and banking functions. This includes the financial administration of all aspects of PIDC, its affiliates and all related parties and stakeholder transactions and services. Internship position and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Audit & Administrative Assistance–PIDC, Related Entities & PAID: Preparation & tracking of all audit confirmations.
- Analyzation of accounts (low risk- prepaid, escrow funds) and analyzation of project activity by company.
- Preparation/assistance of general ledger entries.
- Supporting audit schedules assistance: Review & follow-up of AR/AP for stale dates.
- Inclusion of subsequent payment information (e.g., SURL searches) – AR & AP.
- Centralize all legal invoices and reconciliation of legal invoices to TB activity.
- SEFA – Gathering & centralizing any new contracts…possible assistance with supplemental schedules.
- Gathering of requested audit testing support.
- For 2020 and forward journal entries, from FR team, completion of them being templated and saved into Laserfiche.
- Preparation of Payment Requests for processing.
- Preparation on journal entry.
Student must be enrolled in and/or planning to continue their academic studies at an accredited 4-year college and/or university.
Note: This is a paid summer internship opportunity. Interns are paid on a biweekly basis. This internship opportunity is scheduled to start on June 1, 2021, and end on August 31, 2021.