PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
PIDC’s Business Lending Team manages the marketing, structuring and approval of flexible financial products designed to support a thriving small business climate in the City of Philadelphia. Financial products include funding for small business needs including lines of credit, working capital, purchase of machinery or equipment, tenant improvements, and real estate renovation and construction. Over the past three years, PIDC’s Business Lending team has invested over $35 million in more than 150 transactions.
The Business Leading Team is looking for two (2) interns to fill this position. Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Business Lending team in compiling and evaluating applications for small businesses requesting financing. Specific responsibilities may include completing documentation checklists, industry analyses, competition assessment, reference checks, credit report reviews and spreading financial statements.
Business Development Support
- Support the Business Lending team with client intake and screening, meeting scheduling, list generation for targeted outreach areas, CRM data entry support and other marketing and/or project-related support.
Database Entry, Verification, and Management
- Assist the Business Lending team in entering and verifying both old and new client data as well as transferring the necessary closing files for each client to the documentation management system. All loan files from 2020 shall be converted to the document management system.
COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Grants Support
- Assist the Business Lending Team in marketing, creating training materials, conducting webinars and, if needed, provide technical support to business owners, for any upcoming COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Grants.
- Other Special Projects
- Assist the Business Lending team in completing other special projects as needed and attending initial client meetings when appropriate.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student with relevant work experience and/or coursework in economic/community development, finance, or policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills including a high level of competency with spreadsheets, databases, power point, word processing, and e-mail applications.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
Note: This is a paid summer internship opportunity. Interns are paid on a biweekly basis. This internship opportunity is scheduled to start on June 1, 2021, and end on August 31, 2021.