PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
The Graphic Design Intern supports the Strategy, Communications and Partnerships (SCP) team on a variety of critical activities contributing to our aggressive brand growth strategies within PIDC and the Navy Yard. These initiatives may include assisting in the design of product brochures, collateral materials, PR materials, advertising, PowerPoints and digital assets for the website, e-mail marketing and social media.
The Graphic Design Intern will report to the Director of Creative Services and will have the opportunity to support projects and actively participate in strategic marketing initiatives. This is an entry-level position design for learning and growth within the marketing/graphic design discipline. Responsibilities include:
- Support in key project areas including new product launches, brand development, and public relations.
- Follow brand guidelines to design or edit layouts for a range of print and digital marketing collateral.
- Visualize data into infographics for inclusion in presentations and other materials.
- Design (and sometimes HTML code) layouts for eblasts and webpages via the CMS (Content Management System).
- Create graphics or stories for various social media platforms.
- Edit photos or video files.
- Finalize design files for print production.
- Prepare, resize, or upload design files for digital output (i.e., websites, social media, eblasts).
- Provide research for projects including image searching.
- Take photos of staff, clients or PIDC related events.
- Organize the Creative files and Photo Library on the company server.
- Assist SCP staff with other special projects, as needed (i.e., event coordination or zoom webinars).
- Enrolled in a four-year design program with direct focus in communication design, graphic design, digital design, or the like, with at least junior class standing.
- Portfolio reflecting experience and creativity in digital/interactive, branding, presentations, infographics, typography, and print design.
- Well-developed design aesthetic and solid understanding of design fundamentals (typography, composition, layout, color, etc.).
- Be a conceptual designer and convey ideas and concepts through design within the brand strategy.
- Proficient in full Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft’s PowerPoint.
- Ability to take and provide constructive criticism with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to draw and sketch are highly valued but not required.
- Experience with HTML, WordPress and email marketing platforms preferred.
- Working knowledge of photography and video editing a plus.
Note: This is a paid summer internship opportunity. Interns are paid on a biweekly basis. This internship opportunity is scheduled to start on June 1, 2021, and end on August 31, 2021.