PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC at www.pidcphila.com.
PIDC’s Real Estate Services group provides a range of services, including (1) management and marketing of 250 acres of industrially zoned development sites spread throughout Philadelphia, (2) marketing of multiple City surplus sites throughout Philadelphia, (3) development and implementation of strategic real estate initiatives, such as the Lower Schuylkill Master Plan, and (4) redevelopment oversight for key public properties.
PIDC’s Real Estate Services group seeks a motivated, hard-working intern to assist with the specific projects detailed below, as well as general departmental responsibilities. Candidates should have education, experience, and/or a high level of interest in real estate, planning, and development. In addition, Candidates should be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Implementation of Lower Schuylkill Master Plan and Southwest Capital Access Plan: The successful candidate will assist with the implementation of the Lower Schuylkill Master Plan and PIDC’s Southwest Capital Access Plan. This will include: assisting with due diligence, acquisition, site planning, and site preparation for several redevelopment sites within the Lower Schuylkill; assisting with the preparation of state and federal grant applications; coordinating with PIDC’s Strategy, Communications & Partnerships Department to implement PIDC’s SW Capital Access Plan.
- Community Engagement in Southwest Philadelphia: PIDC has a variety of ongoing initiatives in Southwest Philadelphia which require active and sustained engagement with community members and community leaders. These initiatives relate to providing additional financial services, life sciences real estate development, and workforce development. The successful candidate with assist with: Performing an assessment of all existing initiatives focused on empowering and transforming communities and public spaces in Southwest Philadelphia;
- Coordinating with other stakeholders, including City Departments, state agencies, non-profit organizations, foundations, and community organizations on efforts targeting streetscape, infrastructure, and gateway improvements along major transportation corridors in the neighborhood of Kingsessing;
- Coordinating with PIDC’s Strategy, Communications & Partnership Department on community engagement related to PIDC’s SW Capital Access Plan.
- Analysis and Project Support for Advanced Life Sciences Initiatives in Philadelphia: PIDC works closely with City of Philadelphia’s Commerce Department to develop critical infrastructure needed to support Philadelphia’s growing cell and gene therapy cluster. The successful candidate will assist with (1) conducting research related to the biotech sector, including market trends, real estate development companies, and biotech manufacturers; (2) conducting research related to ongoing and planned workforce development initiatives in the life sciences sector in the greater Philadelphia region.
Student must be enrolled in and/or planning to continue their academic studies at an accredited 4-year college and/or university. Preference for students enrolled in a graduate degree program but will consider undergraduates as well.
Note: This is a paid summer internship opportunity. Interns are paid on a biweekly basis. This internship opportunity is scheduled to start on June 1, 2021, and end on August 31, 2021.