The Credit Analyst – Banker Development Program will have a start date in June 2020 and will participate in our Banker Development Program, which is designed for individuals who wish to pursue a career as a Commercial Banker (Lender). As a Credit Analyst in our Banker Development Program, you will receiving training and work as a Credit Analyst, where you will provide full support to the Commercial Bankers (Commercial Loan Officers) in your respective market by underwriting a variety of financial transactions involving working capital, equipment, real estate and small company acquisitions. You will also receive additional career development in areas across the bank that are focused on preparing you to become a Commercial Banker (Lender). Those who successfully complete the Banker Development Program will typically move into a lending role within two to three years.
- Analyzes financial statements (including performance ratios) of all levels of quality to develop initial assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to borrower’s historical operating performance.
- Prepares written analyses which include:
- credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors;
- economic and market conditions as they relate to the company, industry, and market area;
- in-depth historical and projected financial/cash flow analysis, including communicating with the borrower’s accountant to gain a better understanding of the company’s accounting practices;
- in-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral;
- in-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position
- identifies borrower’s strengths and weaknesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required. Strong preference for Finance or Accounting major or concentration.
- Professional experience in financial, credit, or statistical analysis, and/or statement spreading and assessing companies through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.