An internship in the Lending department is designed to gain understanding of credit analysis, on all types of business loans, and provide support to the Lending Department through both on-the-job and formal training. Additionally, the intern will receive insight into various departments of the bank and how they operate together to provide comprehensive service to our customers.
- Observes the actions of Loan Officers and Credit Analysts.
- Gains understanding of underwriting a commercial loan as well as insight on the approval and portfolio management processes.
- Reviews the financial statements of companies of different sizes and complexities, operating in different industries.
- Performs industry research.
- Learns to effectively interact with officers and develop strong oral and written skills.
- Performs analysis commensurate with experience level and begins to formulate quality questions to enhance the underwriting of the loan request.
- Must be enrolled in a University or College, preferably in a four-year program majoring in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Should be in good standing at their University or College.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent customer service and teamwork skills through previous work experience, other internships and/or extracurricular activities.