The Management in Training – Sales (MIT) Program is a world class, hands-on training program for individuals seeking a long-term career in B2B sales. You will receive the guidance, support and resources to learn everything there is to know about the swimming pool supply, irrigation and landscape distribution industry. If you are passionate about sales, love to lead, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are customer service oriented, then we want to speak with you!
*This position is located throughout the United States and Canada.*
What You Will Do:
- Receive hands-on sales training by traveling with our outside sales representatives and participating in sales and service calls.
- Shadow contractors/builders, service/maintenance, and retail store customers to learn their aspect of the swimming pool, irrigation and landscaping business.
- Participate in classroom training sessions (lecture, role play and computer lab) at the state-of-the-art EDGEucation Center in Plano, Texas. Topics to include sales, financials, human capital management and operating systems.
- Learn management viewpoints and company policies and procedures that affect each phase of business.
- Increase your job knowledge by participating in sales conferences, obtaining sales certifications, researching marketing trends and using marketing tools.
- Set and achieve performance goals and objectives with the MIT Programs Manager and Director of Sales and Employee Development.
- Give a comprehensive presentation to senior level management for completion of the Sales MIT program at the end of the 6 month program.
- Other job duties and special sales projects as assigned.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Management, Selling & Sales Management, Marketing or other related discipline with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- At least 6 months of work experience in sales and/or customer service experience in a sales, service or distribution industry. In lieu of work experience, will consider involvement in sales internships, organizations/clubs, volunteer work/community service, athletics or military leadership.
- Results driven, self-starter with the ability to lead a team with rapidly changing priorities. Strong leadership skills are a must!
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change, uncertainty and rejection.
- Possesses and demonstrates a motivated, passionate, customer service driven attitude along with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, employees and all levels of management.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn AMP CRM and inventory systems.
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 3 years.
- Willingness and ability to relocate during and after the program (at company expense) for career development opportunities.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to occasionally maneuver heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. and lift products up to 75 pounds with assistance.
Learn more about the position by visiting www.poolcorp.com/mit.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
POOLCORP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For Candidates in Colorado:
At POOLCORP, we are committed to our employees’ success. Our comprehensive benefits program offers the flexibility of benefits that meet the needs of our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include medical, dental and vision care, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, flexible spending and health savings accounts, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, and employee assistance and education reimbursement programs. These benefits can help build a foundation for the future while helping employees live a healthy lifestyle.
The annual compensation for this position in Colorado is $47,500 based on a full-time schedule. Additionally, this position may be eligible for relocation or cost of living adjustments.
Please note that benefits are subject to change. For more information about compensation and benefits, visit https://www.poolcorp.com/careers/compensation-benefits/ .