We have a great opportunity for those looking to start their CAREER with one of the Top Energy Providers in the Nation!
NRG is a leading US integrated power company serving over 3.7 million customers. NRG has been in the retail energy industry for over 32 yrs. offering great stability within the US. They are the largest public company in the US and a 5-star electricity provider in Texas. NRG believes in safety and employee well-being, inclusion and diversity, employee growth and development, and is very customer-focused.
As part of the Team, here are some of the great benefits we can offer you, upon qualification:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (includes vision and dental)
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Referral Bonus
- Growth and Development Opportunities
Benefits for our client’s permanent employees include:
- Tuition reimbursement for employees
- Scholarship opportunities for dependents
- Unique discounts on electricity, vehicles, and other goods
In this role, you will assess our customers’ various needs to provide expert service and advocate for the best solution to their problems. You will be responsible for managing receivables for credit policy exceptions through risk assessments and status monitoring. The Credit Review Representative will also coordinate activities to support the company’s consumer credit and collections policies for residential and small commercial accounts.
Role Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Review files, reports, credit bureau documents, and financial statements of customers to ensure they meet deposit requirements.
- Extend credit to customers in accordance with established policy and terms.
- Analyze customers’ financial situations and determine whether to extend credit beyond established policy criteria.
- Analyze credit risk for aggregated portfolios of customers as well as individual accounts.
- Apply the company’s credit and collection policies, practices, and procedures to the credit requirements of designated customer accounts.
- Carry out the established program for the follow-up and collection of accounts receivable.
- Communicate requests with management for special applications for credit that are outside of standard policies and procedures.
- Investigate and prepare findings to complaints from customers for the development of a response to the Public Utility Commission, consumer advocates, media, and management.
- Evaluate customer eligibility (i.e. low-income status) for PUC-mandated activities and programs.
- Process development and implementation of credit policies/procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area from an accredited four-year university (Highly Preferred)
Schedule/ Work Set Up
- Work From Home (WFH)/ Remote (until further notice)
- M-F 7AM-7PM, (an 8 hr. shift) NO WEEKENDS
- 6 Months – 2 Years of credit and collections experience (Required)
- Banking experience (Highly Preferred)
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Highly Preferred)
- Proficient mathematical/analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers via telephone or in-person while maintaining composure and control.
- Ability to read and understand contractual documents and prepare company correspondence.
- Analyze customer accounts, spreadsheets, and databases to resolve customer issues.
- Skip tracing experience a plus
This opportunity is amazing for anyone seeking an opportunity where you can learn new skills that you will use in the future – SAP / SALESFORCE.
Apply today for this immediate opening reserved for goals-driven and hardworking professionals who are ready for the first step into their careers!