Project C.U.R.E. is the world’s largest nonprofit provider of medical supplies and equipment to developing countries for humanitarian relief. In addition to the headquarters in Denver, Colorado, Project C.U.R.E. has warehouses in Nashville, Phoenix, Chicago, Philadelphia and Houston.
Project C.U.R.E. Houston is seeking an intern to assist with the management and promotion of our Kits for Kids Program. https://projectcure.org/programs/kits-kids
This program allows local donors and community groups to pack backpacks filled with basic first aid and hygiene supplies for distribution to children and families in the developing world.
Interns should expect to:
- Gain knowledge about and experience the direct marketing process
- Learn how to work with donor databases
- Represent Project C.U.R.E. in the community
- Learn fundraising and development and how it works in the nonprofit world.
The ideal Intern will:
- Preferably be majoring in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Have very strong computer, phone, organizational and writing skills.
- Have experience or an interest in the non-profit environment.
We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 crisis. We do not have remote internships available at this time. However, we will allow appropriate work to be done remotely. The safety of our volunteers, interns, and staff is our top priority. We are taking all possible precautions. During your shifts, we will be following CDC recommendations and all volunteers, interns, and staff are required to follow social distancing guidelines and wear masks. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer throughout your shifts. Please do not come to the warehouse if you are feeling ill or have been in contact with someone feeling ill. Your support in maintaining a safe facility is tremendously appreciated!