Project C.U.R.E. is the world’s largest nonprofit provider of medical supplies and equipment to developing countries for humanitarian relief. In addition to the headquarters in Denver, Colorado, Project C.U.R.E. has warehouses in Nashville, Phoenix and Houston.
Project C.U.R.E. is currently seeking an unpaid Marketing/Fundraising Intern to work in our warehouse office in Houston, Texas. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in Fundraising/Development. You will gain knowledge about the fundraising, direct marketing, and development process in the non-profit arena. You will experience a warm team environment with ongoing support and supervision.
Interns should expect to:
* Gain knowledge about and experience the direct marketing process
* Learn how to work with donor databases (from creation to shipment)
* Assist event implementation (third party events, Uncork for CURE)
* Opportunities to get involved in other special events and projects i.e. establishing new relationships with local businesses.
* Learn fundraising and development and how it works in the nonprofit world.
The ideal Intern will:
* Preferably be majoring in Business, Marketing or Communications.
* Have very strong computer, phone, organizational and writing skills.
* Have experience or an interest in the non-profit environment.
We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 crisis. We do not have remote internships available at this time. However, we will allow appropriate work to be done remotely. The safety of our volunteers, interns, and staff is our top priority. We will be following CDC recommendations for masks and social distancing.