Propel is seeking a Manager of Strategy and Business Development to join our mission to modernize America’s safety net.
We make Fresh EBT, a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their benefits and discover new resources. Over one million Americans use Fresh EBT monthly across the US.
We vet and promote partners that offer services, savings, and employment opportunities to our users. Our partners span multiple industries (including grocery / CPG, telecom, healthcare, etc.) and range from local businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale and at a for-profit company. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, and Max Levchin. We're still a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.
You'll join our business team at a critical time as we grow our revenue, build services that deliver value to both our partners and our users, and experiment with new business models.
As Manager, Strategy and Business Development, you will play a key role in identifying, assessing, and piloting new business opportunities for Propel.
- Execute end-to-end business strategy projects (from scoping and prioritizing opportunities to conducting user and customer research to synthesizing business and product recommendations)
- Manage pipeline of business development initiatives
- Identify new business opportunities that fulfill dual mission of business growth and user value
- Develop team presentation materials and and lead internal team discussions re opportunities
- Design and lead cross-functional pilots and workstreams to test new business and product ideas
- Contribute to ongoing business initiatives, including evaluation / due diligence of potential partners, ad hoc analyses to support growth, and creation of external presentations
- 4+ years experience in a relevant role. We’re open to a variety of backgrounds: management consulting, corporate strategy, VC, product / business at a early-stage startup, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to structure and assess ambiguous problems; includes experience with building financial projections, market research / sizing, etc.
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial bent (at a startup, through an initiative at a larger company, or on a personal project)
- Interest in building a business with a strong social mission at the intersection of private and public sectors
- Willing to work in Brooklyn, New York and unrestricted work authorization in the US
Propel is building a diverse team. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply!