What: Public Allies is dedicated to helping shape tomorrow’s leaders today. Our mission is to create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it. Through our ten-month AmeriCorps apprenticeship program, participants serve in full-time positions at local nonprofits, where they create, improve, and expand services that address issues including youth development, education, public health, economic development, and the environment.
Earn a stipend of $22,100 for ten months of service!
Upon program completion, earn $6,195 in an education award to pay back student loans or pay for future education.
When: September 27, 2021 to July 29, 2022
Where: Fall cohort Allies will be working with, most likely, a hybrid model of professional work. We do not know for sure yet how many of our partner organizations will move back to fully in-person situations by September, but we expect some will remain at least in part remote.
Skills needed: awareness of systematic oppression, inclusivity, ability to have constructive discussions, accountability, leadership, collaboration, interest in continued education, ability to accept and give feedback.
- is at least 17 years of age by the start date
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent
- Is a U.S. citizen or U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Passed a National Service Criminal History Check (see the Criminal History Check Page for detailed guidance)
- Satisfactorily completed the previous term of AmeriCorps service (if there is one)
- Has a complete application on file (either online and noted as such in file; or a print copy is in file)