We are offering 2 communication internship positions for the spring/summer of 2021! And 1 UX design and programming research internship. We hope that you can join us.
Are you interested in improving your writing skills for companies —blending research, topical subjects and marketing? We are offering two part time communications internship positions for sustainability content writer and our monthly newsletters. We’re seeking proactive and organized individuals to work remotely with a predetermined set of goals. We’ll review your work progress on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and have virtual meetings with you, as needed, to go over your questions and to keep your progress on track.
You’ll have guidance from the RS team, with one assigned mentor.
Realty Sage is a tech start-up focusing on sustainability data to improve real estate and we’re seeking interns, who would like to work remotely and possibly achieve academic credit.
More about us:
In addition to your CV, please provide us with two writing examples – preferably one research based and one in a blog or personal story style. Also indicate if you are seeking academic credit and if you’ve spoken with your university about requirements and deadlines. Please indicate which of the following internships you are seeking or if you are equally interested in both.
The sustainability writer will create 1 content piece every two weeks, along with modified versions. which can be published on our partner sites.
The first week will include the topic and outline for review. And the second week, you’ll complete the piece by adding in relevant research and any marketing aspects on behalf of the company. In addition you’ll learn how to take a finished content piece and rework it into additional content pieces, which can be shared with our partners.
Some examples of content topics:
• Real estate trends towards going green – installing solar, wind, or geothermal, healthy homes, and zero energy homes.
• Why buying a green home is good – cost savings, carbon footprint, etc…
• How your green home can stand out in every type of market – why people could get a better return on their investment.
• What are the different types of eco homes out there? (tiny homes, modular homes, zero energy homes, LEED certified homes). This could be series, which compares the similarities and differences between different types of home builds.
• During your research, you’ll come across new information which can be shared on the Realty Sage’s social media platforms.
Some examples of sustainability writing on Realty Sage
You’ll work with one to two of our team members on producing a monthly newsletter along with different versions for our audiences.
What you can expect:
• Review past newsletters to understand Realty Sage, its priorities and content
• Brainstorm ideas and themes for the up-coming newsletters.
• Work on design and aggregating interesting stories for newsletters.
• Learn how to customize newsletters for our different audiences.
• Learn how to use newsletter software, create contact lists, and other tools.
• We anticipate that you will be able to create one completed newsletter draft every two weeks.
• Approximately 10-15 hours per week.
Natural language Processing
Maintain and refine the Realty Sage language parser.
This position involves:
· Refining and implementing regular expression patterns
· Analyzing text/performing data mining to identify new data to extract
· Potentially evaluating and implement new NLP systems
Good understanding of colloquial English is required.
Some familiarity with regex and SQL will be helpful.
Familiarity with PHP and linux helpful, but not required.
Familiarity with real estate and green technology terminology helpful, but not required.
Ideal candidate would be someone studying computer science and natural language
processing to gain experience and insight from an existing real world
implementation and determine if new approaches could be adopted.
A minimum of 10 hours per week. $100 per month stipend.
Programming & UX Design
This is a unique opportunity to work on real-life customer webpage sessions on our platform to determine what design and program elements are working well and which are not and to consider how to improve them. This position is geared towards those who have some experience in programming or UX design already, but want to work on real-life scenarios to improve their skills. This is a unique opportunity to work with real life UX design and programming tasks.
We anticipate that the intern will spend approximately up to 10 hours per week reviewing customer sessions on the site and up to another 10 hours per week on documenting and/or providing ideas to address the UX design or programming issues.
Up to 20 hours per week. $100 per month stipend.