Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled.
Regional Plan Association (RPA) is seeking an Advocacy & Community Engagement Intern to support our work in Connecticut. The intern will have an opportunity to collaborate with an interdisciplinary staff of urban planners and advocates, coordinate public meetings and events, and help generate social media content. This is a paid part-time internship, beginning as soon as possible. Interns will have the ability to work remotely, though there may be the opportunity to work out of RPA’s headquarters in New York, depending on COVID-19 safety guidelines.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion for fostering equitable, healthy, sustainable cities and communities. Applicants will ideally have familiarity with Connecticut and with housing and neighborhood planning issues.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Organizing public meetings, events, and outreach in partnership with government officials and civic partners.
- Supporting coalition-building initiatives.
- Developing content in partnership with RPA’s Connecticut and Communications teams, including newsletters and social media posts.
- Assisting with the development of reports and presentations.
Depending on interest, there will also be an opportunity for interns to help RPA prepare for its 2022 Centennial Celebration by reviewing archival files, including memos, photos, and historical reports.
- Recent graduate or current student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in a relevant field, such as communications, marketing, public policy, urban planning, geography, or political science.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Interest in urban planning and civics.
- Experience with public outreach and engagement.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume. Candidates are also encouraged to attach samples of their best relevant work.