Development Interns will work with the development team to help archive and organize all Religions individual and grant files, assist with database clean up and management, assist with the creation of and mailing of development materials, provide support for the launch of the membership campaign, and help promote all Religions for Peace events, workshops and public performances.
Since our inception in 1970, Religions for Peace has been guided by a vision of a world where faith communities cooperate effectively for peace. We advance effective interfaith cooperation on global, regional, national, and local levels – ensuring that the diverse religious leaders, communities, and institutions we engage work together in harmony on concrete and inclusive initiatives.
- Assist with the donor acknowledgement process
- Assist with data entry into Neon CRM
- Research corporate sponsorship opportunities for the major upcoming events
- Help prepare materials for the solicitation; assist with the mailing of the solicitations
- Research matching gift opportunities for existing donors.
- Draft donor communications
- Assist in planning and execution of major fundraising events and activities
- Assist with communication with individual and corporate donors
- Research grant prospects using foundation database
- Organize grant and donor files and documents
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong internet skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Eventbrite, experience with adobe creative suite a plus, but not required
Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
Must be comfortable working in a busy office environment and display strong interpersonal skills
Experience in marketing and communications or development a plus.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and research skills and a proven ability to be persistent and resourceful. Interest and experience in fundraising is preferred. To apply, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com along with your availability