Reporters Without Borders, known internationally as Reporters sans frontieres (RSF), fights for freedom of the press and information around the world. Reporters Without Borders USA (RSF USA) is based in Washington, DC, with the mission of monitoring press freedom abuses in the United States as well as Canada and English-speaking Caribbean, sounding the alarm by disseminating information to the media and the public, and working with the media, political leaders, non-government groups, tech companies, and the public to protect press freedom.
Intern responsibilities include drafting press releases, planning events, managing the contacts database, working with the U.S. university chapters network, attending press freedom related events around the city, and assisting our team in research and advocacy.
- Excellent writing skills are required.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters who are adept at multitasking.
- Interns should work well under pressure and still pay strict attention to details, be resourceful, and creative in responding to requests.
- Interns must be available five days a week.
- French knowledge is not required but is a plus.