Research!America’s Mission: The Research!America alliance advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress. For more information about Research!America, click here.
Job Summary: Research!America is offering a paid, temporary Science Communications internship with some telework opportunity possible. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically three month full-time appointments (start and end dates are flexible).
- Assist with basic website content updates
- Assist with content for blog posts and social media accounts
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements
- Write, proofread, fact-check and edit newsletter articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage
- Contribute to analysis of survey data
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings, programs and other events
- Other projects as assigned
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Google Docs is required; experience with web content management systems, blog software, and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students, PhD candidates, or post-doctoral researchers with science, health, communications, public policy or related degree or degree program are preferred.