Reverse Mortgage Solutions (RMS) is ready to hire an ambitious individual looking to develop their work experience. Graduates of Information Systems, Finance, Computer Science, or similar majors are desired for the role of Reporting Analyst at a mortgage servicing company in the Champions area of Houston.
The Reporting Analyst will work closely with loan servicing groups, as well as other departments, to develop applications, reports, and ad hoc queries to meet the demand for operational improvements and efficiencies in a fast-paced environment. The candidate who fills this role is expected to learn reporting techniques relevant to business demands. They should be inquisitive to the business’ operations and develop ideas and strategies within the team to improve the quality and visibility of reporting. This position is based in our Houston, TX office at 14405 Walters Road.
This position lies within the Servicing Operations area of the business. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Use SharePoint, Access, and Excel to build and maintain databases and applications
- Create advanced Excel functions to manipulate data
- Communicate regularly with management on issues, constraints, and status of projects
- Analyze loan servicing operations processes (Aging, tracking, service-level agreements)
- Assist management in root cause analysis as well as remediation
- Develop ad hoc reports and queries to be used by Loan Servicing that monitor production, key performance indicators, and exceptions
- Work with other analysts to develop solutions by breaking down process requirements and technical languages, studying system capabilities, and preparing system specifications
- Communicate and work in parallel with other analysts to develop reports for Loan Servicing to improve efficiency and increase production
- Use data mining techniques to analyze information from multiple source systems
- Maintain key Loan Servicing tables and stored procedures in MS SQL Server
- Assist with developing process enhancements, system of record enhancements and with testing and troubleshooting of reports
- Proactively develop recommendations for cost-saving initiatives to improve production and eliminate waste
- BA/BS business degree with technical coursework such as Business Administration, Information Technology, Information Systems, Finance, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar
- Advanced Excel skills required
- SharePoint experience preferred
- Aptitude and desire to acquire new technology skills necessary
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, both technically and professionally
- Ability to work collaboratively with other groups including business analysts, developers, and end users
- Ability to work independently to identify solutions and implement reporting processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
RMS is a nationwide servicer and subservicer of reverse mortgage loans and an issuer of Home Equity Conversion Mortgage-backed Securities (HMBS). RMS is an approved servicer with HUD, FHA, and Fannie Mae. Through a comprehensive suite of services including loan servicing technology and loan servicing and asset management services, RMS helps its clients enhance their market share, increase revenue, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.