As an Entry-Level DevOps Site Reliability Engineer, you will join a team responsible for continuous improvement and support of customer facing products. Responsibilities will include collecting system requirements; improving existing tools and processes through scripting and automation; and building, deploying, testing, and supporting systems in lab environments and production datacenters. In the pursuit of these responsibilities, you will work closely with IT, Development, and Product Management teams across the business.
- Bachelor degree in MIS, CIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with virtualization, scripting and automation, server hardware, and/or network communications desired
- Experience with both Windows and Linux server operating systems preferred
- Preferred programming and scripting languages include: SQL, PowerShell, Python, Bash, C/C++, C#
- Preferred industry-standard certifications include: A+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, CCNA, MCSA
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and apply new skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Training for this position will be offered in a team-oriented hands-on instructional environment with a mentor. There will be daily tasks for completion and internal courses to be completed throughout your training. The courses available will include common network and server technologies and will also cover operations, engineering, and development responsibilities that are company-specific. In addition, we have available a curated library of books and instructional videos for self-paced study.
Our associates receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer company contributions to your HSA, 6% match on 401(k), and a work/life balance with paid time off. At our Houston office, you can take advantage of our great training programs and facility amenities, including onsite dining and medical center. We also offer a wide variety of sports and social leagues to participate in after work, along with volunteering initiatives through our Associate Foundation.
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment.
Reynolds and Reynolds encourages applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.