Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Financial Data and Systems intern will support the Commercial Finance functional lead in designing, developing, and implementing technical solutions for Commercial Finance teams support of Rivian Automotive B2B and B2C operating divisions.
- Partner with finance and non-finance business partners to engineer or redesign existing processes
- Understand the capabilities of key financial and operational systems at Rivian Automotive
- Document system processes and partner with Rivian enterprise IT to transition maintenance of Adaptive Insights systems to production environments
- Support the management of databases, tools and reports that link data from disparate systems.
- Support user acceptance testing make recommendations around solution adoption and change management and prepare the business for system readiness.
- Ad hoc technology enhancements as needed
- Currently pursuing an MBA or Masters in Market Research, Data Science, Product Management, Marketing, Economics, Business, Psychology or similar
- 2 years of public accounting, corporate finance, banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting experience
CFA, FRM, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic and VBA is a plus
- Ability to make sense of ambiguous situations and drive towards clarity and unity
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding of business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
- Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Tableau / Power BI / Adaptive Insights / SQL skills are a huge plus
- Working Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.