RSA US is seeking a paid Community Operations Intern to support the Community and Partnerships Lead, and the RSA US Director, in the execution of their duties. The Community Operations Intern will be part of our core team, interfacing with our Fellowship, designing recruitment and growth initiatives and supporting public-facing programming. This part-time role (no greater than 40 hours per month, approximately 10 hours/week) can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Application Due: Rolling until November 13th 2020
Internship Period: 4 – 6 months (Exact length will be determined with successful candidate)
Hours: Up to 40 hours/month (Approximately 10 hours/week)
Pay Rate: $20/hour
The Community Operations Intern’s primary duties would be as follows:
- Partner with the Community and Partnerships Lead (CPL) to scope a campaign to attract new Fellows and partner organizations in areas of strategic programmatic interest
- Assist the US Director with the creation of an annual impact report to celebrate and profile the work of our Fellows and the wider organization
- Carry out light touch research and stakeholder mapping exercises as needed to support overall strategic direction
- Work with our in-house Experience Designer to evaluate and further enhance the Mentorship Program for US based Fellows
Desired Attributes + Skills
A successful candidate will most likely be an undergraduate in their third or fourth year of study, a recent Bachelor’s degree recipient, or early stage graduate student, interested in nonprofit management and/or community building. Attention to detail, a collegial spirit and collaborative attitude would be helpful attributes for a successful candidate to possess.
We also hope that you:
- Are comfortable working and collaborating remotely, primarily through Zoom and Slack
- Are an excellent communicator with tech and social media savvy
- Have experience with research, and synthesizing findings
- Have a designer’s instinct e.g., ability to create visually impactful presentations
- Have experience pivoting between self-direction and working as a team
- Are proficient with the G-suite: Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Are proficient with the Microsoft suite: Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. (will be provided, if needed)