At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment— not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Assurance associates serve our clients by:
- Understanding clients’ needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees, company values and industry-related GAAP and GAAS issues
- Developing an understanding of the RSM audit approach and tools
- Assessing risks and evaluating the client’s internal control structure
- Performing substantive tests and tests of internal controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Drafting financial statements under prescribed formats
Basic qualifications for an associate-level position include:
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university by the time employment commences
- Accounting major
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the state where you are applying for employment
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.