2022 – Summer – Consulting Intern – Risk – Process Risk and Controls
As a Risk Consulting Intern at RSM, you will work with various sized businesses in diverse industries and receive hands-on client experience with direct access to clients at various management levels. At the start of your internship you’ll be assigned a “Navigator”, a more junior employee, who will aide in your development throughout the internship experience.
RSM’s Risk Consulting Group provides value added risk assessment services to clientele and you will have the ability to be exposed to a wide variety of industries and clients. Examples of projects include internal audits, SOX/compliance work and financial reporting control projects intended to provide our clients with timely information on business operations and methods to mitigate potential risks.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
· Sit in on client meetings and support conducting consulting projects
· Preparing reports on consulting services performed for clients; delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
· Traveling to client locations as requested to provide consulting services
· Completing client projects efficiently in accordance with the project timeline and critical dates
· Leveraging proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to analyze client information and document results and recommendations
· Opportunity to attend specific conferences, trainings, & meetings to continue professional development relevant to the role
To learn more about “a day in the life of a Risk Consultant” check out this video!
Internship & Program Requirements
· Pursuing at least a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university, expected completion of degree by December 2022 or June 2023
· Major in Accounting (preferred), Finance
· Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills, including MS Office
· Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
· Ability to work as an effective member of a team
· Must possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
· Certification or working towards certification as a CPA (preferred but not required)