Risk Consulting – Process Risk & Controls – Summer 2021 Leadership Program & Summer 2022 Internship
RSM is currently interviewing for 2022 internships, which will also include an invitation to attend our 2021 Summer Leadership Program (called “Pathways”). This opportunity is available to students who are two years away from graduation with your highest intended degree. The opportunity to participate in Pathways is contingent upon completing the 2022 internship interview process this spring and receiving a 2022 Internship offer.
Instructions to Apply (Please read all instructions):
Click Apply to help us learn more about your interests.
Visit RSM Consulting Town – Risk Consulting to learn more about our practice. RSM Consulting Town – Risk Consulting
After completing Step 1 &2, search and apply for the 2022 internship you are most interested in through the RSM Career Site
If selected, you will complete a series of interviews with RSM professionals.
If you receive an internship offer, you will also receive an invitation to Pathways!
Note: You do not have to accept your internship offer prior to attending Pathways. Come to the program and learn more about RSM before you make your decision.
Risk Consulting – Process Risk & Controls Internship (Summer 2022)
As a Risk Consulting Intern at RSM, you will work with various sized businesses in diverse industries and receive hands-on client experience with direct access to clients at various management levels. At the start of your internship you’ll be assigned a “Navigator”, a more junior employee, who will aide in your development throughout the internship experience.
RSM’s Risk Consulting Group provides value added risk assessment services to clientele and you will have the ability to be exposed to a wide variety of industries and clients. Examples of projects include internal audits, SOX/compliance work and financial reporting control projects intended to provide our clients with timely information on business operations and methods to mitigate potential risks.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Sit in on client meetings and support conducting consulting projects
- Preparing reports on consulting services performed for clients; delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
- Traveling to client locations as requested to provide consulting services
- Completing client projects efficiently in accordance with the project timeline and critical dates
- Leveraging proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to analyze client information and document results and recommendations
- Opportunity to attend specific conferences, trainings, & meetings to continue professional development relevant to the role
To learn more about “a day in the life of a Risk Consultant” check out this video!
Components of the Pathways experience (Summer 2021):
- Talent Experience – learn about RSM, our values, & company culture
- RSM Experience – engage with RSM professionals of all levels and build your professional network
- Client Experience – gain further insight on the work we provide to our clients and the role you may play as an intern
- 3-day virtual commitment to take place in May or June 2021
Internship & Program Requirements
- Pursuing at least a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university, expected completion of degree by December 2022 or June 2023
- Major in Accounting (preferred), Finance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Certification or working towards certification as a CPA (preferred but not required)