RT Specialty, a division of Ryan Specialty Group is looking for a Premium Accounting Coordinator to join our Premium Accounting team. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career. Ryan Specialty Group has been named one of the Best Places to Work 2020 by Business Insurance, and has been named 2020 top Insurance Workplace by Insurance Business America.
This position is responsible for performing the fiduciary accounting duties for a wholesale insurance brokerage that offers both open brokerage and contractual binding business. Customer service is of the utmost importance, and this position requires diplomatic interaction with internal and external customers to ensure accuracy and satisfaction. This position will report to the Premium Accounting Supervisor.
- Assist in the organization and completion of accounting records for brokerage and binding business.
- Ensure payments to payees are remitted timely and accurately in accordance with Company policies.
- Ownership of assigned client/carrier groups.
- Independently investigate, research, and resolve issues as they relate to their assigned clients and carriers.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Support other Premium Accounting functions in resolving issues and maintaining customer service standards.
- Support the Premium Accounting Supervisors with ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) in Accounting or other relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a high volume position, deliver timely and accurate work products with customer service focus and respond with sense of urgency as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Insurance industry and agency management system experience strongly desired.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.