Requisition ID: 287019
Work Area: Administration
Expected Travel: 0 – 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
The Director, Corporate Strategy will support the President of Corporate Development & Strategy, Business Unit Presidents, and other SAP executive leadership in strategy development and execution. The selected candidate will provide thought leadership and data-driven recommendations to executive level stakeholders, in both the business unit and corporate level. They will support and drive strategic projects relating to cloud transformation, cloud applications & platforms, new market entry, go-to-market, and M&A.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Applied Strategy: Identify key strategic growth opportunities for SAP’s cloud business. The Director will detail the opportunity, organize a cross-functional team, and ultimately, develop well supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical go/no go decisions.
Quantitative Analysis: Scope and plan financial and quantitative analyses that will yield critical answers to the questions at hand. Understand the required data sets and procure them accordingly.
Critical Communication Development: Lead the development of presentations for the company’s Executive Committee and Business Owners that clearly communicate the issues, status, results, and execution plans for key strategic initiatives. The Director will often meet with members of the C-Suite to share insights and help lead actions to drive impact.
The Corporate Strategy Group works directly with the most senior executives in the company, and the Director will have direct exposure to those executives. Specifically, the Director will interface directly with the President of Corporate Development & Strategy, BU Presidents, and other key leaders on a consistent basis.
1) Strategy consulting experience: Two to four years post-MBA experience with a top-tier management consulting firm.
2) Relevant industry experience: A passion for and track record in technology, specifically enterprise software and high-growth SaaS & PaaS companies.
3) Relevant Functional experience: Proven experience in driving growth strategy, GTM, product strategy, and macro market trend awareness.
4) Structured and logical thinking: The ability to dissect a problem with an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run analysis.
5) Analytical rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing highly complicated quantitative strategic analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel and modeling skills.
6) Cultural fit: The candidate will have a highly collaborative demeanor measured with credibility and command of audience well beyond their years’ experience, able to engage at the C-suite level.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning and driving change. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. They must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, gaining credibility with team members and senior level stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
• excellent teammate and team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Be highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
• Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines "no matter what"
• Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
• Be comfortable on their feet making presentations
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now .
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :