Do your ideas look as great as they sound? Do you have a strong stance on serif vs. san serif? If you’re the kind of person who can make pretty things and think beyond static executions into how ideas can play out in web, motion, interactive, and experience design, cool. We want you.
Satori is looking for a rising star designer for a 12-week, hands-on, high-powered internship. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our Creative Director, learning the ropes on all areas of the business, including:
- Dissecting creative briefs to effectively strategize, brainstorm big concepts and collaborate
- Shepherding ideas and creative visions to their full visual potential
- How to walk the line between staying within brand guidelines and delivering exciting new ideas
- Threading campaigns across multiple platforms including the occasional unexpected channel (i.e.: nontraditional or AR/VR)
- Strongly presenting and defending your work in internal and client-facing reviews
- The art of the pitch, from research to presentation
During your internship, you’ll be working on real work for real clients (and getting real feedback, too). For the right candidate, this is an awesome opportunity to learn from a fast-paced team and create portfolio-worthy work.
Run Accounts. Not Coffee.
Everyone at Satori is creative, curious and collaborative – no matter their department. In fact, we don’t really do the “department” thing here. We seek out talent that brings more to the table than a title and area of expertise. That includes you.
Satori interns punch above their weight. They’re the proactive, self-starting type. They’re unafraid to step in when a job needs doing, whether it’s gathering mood board inspiration or helping the team stay up to date on the latest, greatest work in the industry. And they learn countless valuable lessons along the way.
If this sounds like your kind of gig, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé, portfolio, and an answer to the four of the questions below:
- In one sentence, describe how you work best.
- Name 5 things that are always in your car.
- One of our core values is “Student to the grave.” Tell us in 2-3 sentences what that means to you.
- Tell us 3 things you’re doing right now to work on yourself.
- In 2-3 sentences, describe a brand that you think really gets it right when it comes to identity and design.
- Captain America or Falcon? Why?
To most, Satori means sudden enlightenment. To us, it’s so much more. Satori is a noun. It’s an adjective. Sometimes, it’s even a verb (Wow, we need to Satori the ____ out of this). The Satori team moves as one unit – Account Service, Creative, Media, Public Relations, Strategy and Social Media – and we move swiftly. We’re driven by culture. Of the team and of the moment. We walk, talk and think like humans. And we look for those who do the same.
- Must be currently enrolled as a Junior/Senior in college or a recent grad
- A portfolio of work is required for consideration (spec work accepted)
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Must have your own device
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Ability to design across multiple media channels (web, print, digital, social, etc.
- Let’s be real: a bit of humor and wit wouldn’t hurt
- Ability to take direction and feedback in stride
- Not necessarily a bodybuilder…but you can lift up to 50 pounds
- Please-oh-pretty-please don’t be offended by swearing
- Please note: This position requires around-the-clock flexibility. Sometimes, you’ll be working (or need to be available) before or after hours, on weekends, holidays, etc. – and often on short notice. This includes responding to emails, texts, and/or phone calls.
- Eligible for class credit or paid internship
- Flex working (part WFH, part onsite, travel is a possibility)
- Work on actual clients – no “practice projects” here!
- One-on-one mentorship program
- Miscellaneous team lunches, outings, vintage game challenges & more
Satori is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, or other characteristics protected by state, provincial, or federal law.