This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7578860 PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
Schneider Electric’s U.S. Strategy team is seeking a summer intern to support its key initiatives. The team is focused on growth and new markets, and is responsible for evaluating, negotiating, and executing strategic initiatives across Schneider Electric’s U.S. business units with senior leadership. You will be part of a small, high impact team responsible for identifying and collaborating on critical initiatives including evaluating and developing growth opportunities.
The U.S. Strategy team partners closely with many internal functions to drive our vision and you will be exposed to key business unit executives and leaders across the company. A key priority for the summer intern will be work with senior management on current strategic objectives, and to present insights to stakeholders and build consensus around the analysis and conclusions.
The position will be in Schneider Electric’s Schaumburg, IL office.
- Formulate presentations to share findings and recommendations for senior management critical to the decision-making process
- Work with cross-function groups within Schneider Electric to execute on deliverables
- Drive internal thinking on opportunities and partner with business units to evaluate growth opportunities including researching new markets, identifying key trends, and translating data into actionable insights
- Developing financial models, preparing presentations for senior management and preparing strategic analyses and recommendations that help develop both medium and long-term strategy
- Partner and effectively communicate with cross-functional business partners, set and manage expectations with stakeholders, facilitate, and drive project meetings and become a trusted advisor at a team-level across projects
- Ability to turn complex data into useful information and business insights
- Ability to scope and structure analytic and research projects in cases where data is imperfect or incomplete
- Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to reach insights
- Strong analytical and research capabilities
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel. Some experience helpful with data visualization software (Tableau, Domo, etc).
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team in order to accomplish tasks and objectives
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to be open to experiment with new approaches to find solutions to problems
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred with major/focus in Finance & Strategy
Experience Required: 2-3 years in a position involving research or analytics
Supervision Required: Receives direction on new work. Capable to operate independently on routine tasks.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity