We are looking for a full-time general manager with a wide array of skills and experiences to oversee the day-to-day operations of a thriving small business.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- understand Quickbooks Online and principles of accounting
- be well versed in all areas of small business management
- be adaptable with ability to transition between various roles as needed
- have a strong background in customer relations and retention
- have solid experience in employee supervision and management
- have a working knowledge of the principles of marketing and sales
- have effective time management skill
- have excellent written and verbal skills
The General Manager oversees the daily needs of all aspects of the business and resolves problems quickly and efficiently to ensure smooth operations and an excellent customer experience. This position has room for growth in the company for a successful candidate.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate will be the end point of contact to provide needed information and make decisions to ensure smooth daily operation of the business.
- Candidate will support all team members regarding appropriate procedures and protocols to ensure optimal business outcomes.
- Candidate will troubleshoot any issues or problems that might arise with customers, employees or other business situations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Candidate will regularly evaluate the different areas of operation, set goals and implement related actions with the purpose of improving all areas of the business.
This position is flexible and can largely be done via remote work Monday-Friday. Occasionally there are potential needs outside of normal business hours. Candidate should be available during normal business hours M-F to perform the duties of this position. At times, this position could require full hours be devoted to tasks such as employee training or covering tasks for an absentee employee. At other times, required daily hours can be minimal only requiring monitoring that operations are running smoothly which allows independent time for developing sales, operational improvement and marketing strategies.
- Support office manager with accounting needs and ensure bookkeeping is kept accurate and up-to-date.
- Cover shifts and duties, in office or in the field, if an employee is out or we are short staffed.
- Regularly evaluate the work and actions of employees to ensure optimal and accurate performance across time.
- Manage customer relations including resolving any customer problems or issues.
- Effectively communication needs and expectations to employees as well as work to resolve employee issues if they arise.
- Evaluate, plan and implement marketing strategies across a variety of platforms including print, online avenues, website and social media platforms.
- Actively engage in the hiring process for new employees.
- Perform direct sales to onboard new customers as well as develop and implement strategies for obtaining new customers.
- Evaluate current practices of business operation and devise strategies for improvement in any areas that are currently not shown to be effective.
- Problem-solve issues as they occur and actively work on resolutions in a professional manner.
- Foster a motivated team atmosphere with all employees.
- Review business reports and analyze for issues or improvements.
- Manage marketing and hiring advertisements and evaluate for effectiveness.
- Plan and implement updates for online outlets such as the website and social media.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel as needed.
- Research solutions for company needs as they arise.
- Foster positive relationships with customers and vendors alike.
- Generate ideas for increasing sales and implement ideas.
- Availability to work at events as promotional representative.
- Proven work experience with small business management
- Exceptional ‘people skills’
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Integrity and professionalism
- Minimum of Associate’s degree with relevant experience
- Solid experience in general management
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred (reading, writing and spoken)
Blend of remote work and in-office duties
Starting salary $37-42k based on experience