Community Scholars Program
This crash-course-meets-community program has been uniquely designed for college seniors who are looking for industry deep-dives, professional development, job search training, and individual mentorship to jump start careers dedicated to social change.
How it Works
We believe there is strength in numbers. There is a shortage of programs or information on how to launch a social impact career upon graduating – it was something our team faced when we were undergrads. So we’ve built a community and collection of resources to help support accomplished and ambitious future social sector leaders during their senior year. Think of it as a super-charged career center just focused on impact careers, where you will get support and accountability as you navigate the uncertainty of getting your first break in the sector!
- We run this program throughout the year. The three cohorts are:
- September – December
- January – May
- June – August
- The application to become a scholar is currently open. You can apply to be considered for the Impact Fellowship and Community Scholars Program, or just the Community Scholars Program.
- If selected, each Scholar will be placed in a small group of peers from all over the country, led by a facilitator. You can meet our current facilitators here. Our facilitators represent different industries in social impact, and will lead Scholars through a curriculum designed to help you better understand the social impact industry and how to identify (and get) your dream job in it. For details on the curriculum, go to the Our Programs page.
- Groups typically meet for ~an hour and then do a reading or assignment for ~an hour at some point before the next week. Assignments include researching organizations, reaching out to people working in the field for advice, reading articles, or making job application progress.
- Every month or two, we’ll have a program-wide session to talk through critical concepts, frameworks, and tactical tips for building a social impact career.
- If you join the program, you are expected to commit to joining each week. You get in as much as you put in and a strong community requires real commitment! We designed this program so that is not overburdened with requirements, but success requires commitment from everyone.
- This program is currently remote, so anyone from any school is welcome to apply.